Aakash Odedra 2, the pre-professional programme of Aakash Odedra Company takes on a new form for Autumn 2021.
AO2 Local will give dancers in Leicester and the surrounding area the opportunity to learn and study both kathak and contemporary technique. From October to December 2021, join Aakash Odedra and other internationally renowned dance artists in our Leicester studios for weekly classes.
In this 10-session programme, you will focus on contemporary and South Asian dance styles, developing your creative practice and improving your dance technique. Learn new skills and receive individual feedback on the dance style most unfamiliar to you from multiple professional artists including Artistic Director Aakash Odedra, and Associate Artistic Directors Kesha Raithatha, Melissa Ugolini and Gizem Aksu.
As a participant you will also have access to optional bi-weekly seminars on a range of transferrable skills in education, producing, marketing and fundraising to develop your industry knowledge. The classes and seminars will give students access to a wide network of artists and industry experts and the opportunity to work closely with a diverse range of dancers.
The programme is aimed at dancers ages 16+ at a pre-professional level, and students will be expected to have previous dance experience.
The cost for the term is £100 for 10 two-hour classes (10 sessions at £5 per hour) from Monday 4 October to Monday 13 December (excluding the week of Diwali).
• learn from and work with award-winning choreographer, Aakash Odedra
• focus on kathak and contemporary technique
• join optional seminars to develop a range of transferrable skills in education, producing, marketing and fundraising
• develop your skills with a holistic approach
• learn from and gain access to a professional network of artists and industry experts
• work closely with a diverse range of dancers
• access AO Global, an online workshop series for international dance artists
• explore and create your own professional dance practice